The SmackDown Women’s Championship was on the road on the present because the Women’s division additionally obtained its latest member in Toni Storm.
Meanwhile, Edge and Seth Rollins had a confrontation to proceed their feud for SummerSlam 2021 on the present the place John Cena made his return to the Blue model after a very long time.
Check out the recap, and outcomes from the July 23 episode of WWE Friday Night Smackdown that emanated from the Rolling Loud competition.
– John Cena kicked off SmackDown with a promo on Roman Reigns. He issued the SummerSlam problem to the champion and tried to rally the followers to again him.
Paul Heyman interrupted and promised that Roman will give him his reply when he’s good and prepared. Heyman then mocked Cena along with his theme track earlier than he left the stage.
– Finn Balor defeated Sami Zayn within the opening contest after he countered a reverse exploder suplex to nail a double stomp into the nook earlier than the Coup De Grace for the pin-fall win.
– Baron Corbin mentioned he made $0 from the Corbin Fund, and believes the one who made that web site, cheated him, and stole his credit score. Corbin needed to even get on a Bus to attend SmackDown as an alternative of his personal non-public automobile.
– Big E celebrated his Men’s Money In The Bank contract victory for a short time earlier than Intercontinental Champion Apollo Crews interrupted that phase. Apollo reminded Big E that he was the one who beat him for the Intercontinental Championship from him at WrestleMania 37.
Dolph Ziggler, Robert Roode, King Nakamura, Rick Boogs, and Cesaro got here out to hitch them as all of the superstars brawled. Cesaro caught Apollo with Cesaro Swing however Commander Azeez pulled him to security. The scheduled Big E vs. Apollo Crews match did not occur.
– Angelo Dawkins defeated Chad Gable on the Rolling Loud competition in a singles contest. Dawkins used the Cash Out pop-up spinebuster finisher for the pin to win. Montez Ford joined Dawkins for the celebration and so did Ford’s spouse, SmackDown Women’s Champion Bianca Belair.
– Bianca Belair (c) then defeated Carmella to retain the SmackDown Women’s Title on the Rolling Loud. Belair held Mella within the air with a protracted vertical suplex however Mella countered and drops her face-first on the mat.
Belair got here again with a giant proper hand and linked with the KOD finisher for the win. (Fans at Rolling Loud didn’t care a lot concerning the match as they somewhat chanted “We Want Cardi”)
– Kevin Owens helped Baron Corbin by giving him $20 in a backstage phase the place Shotzi & Nox unintentionally shot Corbin within the nuts with their Tank. Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode then stole that $20 and laughed at Corbin. Owens got here again with a metal chair in hand to make the save.
What a man. 👏
— WWE (@WWE)
– WWE Hall of Famer Edge appeared on SmackDown to say that he must be the Universal Champion at MITB, however he was scr**ed over by Seth Rollins. Edge then reminded Rollins of his personal profession historical past to ship a warning.
Rollins interrupted and mocked Edge by referring to him as Grandpa Edge. Rollins reminded that 7 years in the past he might’ve stomped on Edge’s neck, however he hesitated. But he received’t hesitate, the subsequent time. Edge took the primary shot to get right into a brawl. Rollins digested an Edgecution bit he escaped the ring, dodging a spear try by Edge.
.wasn’t about to let stroll away unscathed… 😳
— WWE (@WWE)
– Toni Storm made her SmackDown debut by defeating Zelina Vega in a one-on-one matchup. Vega hit Storm with a Destroyer however wasn’t in a position to get the three-count. Storm efficiently hit the modified model of Storm Zero to safe the pinfall win.
– SmackDown Tag Team Champion Jimmy Uso (with Jey Uso) defeated Dominik Mysterio (with Rey Mysterio) in a singles contest. Jimmy fell on Dominik as they have been tangling when Jey supplied an help along with his legs to Jimmy’s again to obtain the pin-fall win.
– Universal Champion Roman Reigns appeared in the primary occasion phase and requested the Cleveland crowd to acknowledge him. Reigns then addressed John Cena for placing up a nostalgia act at Money In The Bank.
The Cenation Leader was in comparison with the ‘Missionary Position on each single evening’ for doing the identical gestures time and again. Reigns turned down the primary occasion match towards Cena at SummerSlam.
— WWE (@WWE)
Finn Balor got here out and requested Roman if he’s excited by his problem as an alternative of Cena’s problem. Finn led the followers to chant “Roman’s Scared” after which Roman accepted the problem. The two confronted off in the midst of the ring because the present went off the air.
Get breaking information alerts.
You have already subscribed